Sunday, April 19, 2009

I can't resist

I really don't want to discuss this topic because of its debased and crass nature. In fact, those words don't adequately describe the expression that is being flippantly tossed around like a joke on the back of a Laffy Taffy. I will discuss it because I can't believe that we have digressed as a society to the point that prime time news casters can repeatedly use the term teabagger/teabagging without fear of viewer backlash or even shame from lack of proper public respectability. Furthermore, they not only glibly use those terms, but use them with many explicit puns to further paint the degenerate mental images in your mind. Don't believe me or have any idea what I am talking about? Watch the following video...



Just in case there is any misunderstanding on this subject, if you aren't crystal clear on the incredibly foul and disgusting definition of this term, click here and see definition #2. WARNING - the definition is x-rated. Am I a prude or overly sensitive? I don't think so. I tend to be somewhere in the middle on most subjects. My liberal friends think I'm too conservative ,and my conservative friends think I'm too liberal. I'm just surprised there wasn't a louder outcry at this.

6 comments:

AJ said...

I'm surprised that was allowed to air. I was even more surprised that the term is thrown around outside of Halo.

It has been interesting to see the mainstream media sort of dismiss the whole thing whereas if liberals were doing this during the Bush years, it would get all sorts of coverage. Agree? Disagree?

Anonymous said...

The reason this has been allowed and considered kosher is because it is making fun of a conservative rally. This never would have been allowed if the roles were reversed. I don't know who I'm more disappointed in, the newscasters for airing it or the general public that enjoyed it so much and has embraced it.

the narrator said...

Oh please Cody. The term was deliberately used by conservatives to provide the double-entendre. Conservatives like Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity, and Beck (and even more-so, many of the conservative radio hacks who do not have cable shows) are often just as crass. It has nothing to do with your mythical liberal media-bias.

If anything, it was allowed to air on cable television because a lot of people think it was funny.

Carson Calderwood said...

AJ - I admit as well that were it not for Halo I wouldn't have even know this term either.

I'm not sure if you can say that the mainstream media dismissed this because it was they who were doing it.

Loyd - I can honestly say I've never heard any talk radio show or conservative tv show that was as crass as the video shown on this (and yours) post. There were others I thought about adding so that I didn't have have the same one as you, like Rachael Madow, but they weren't as bad.

My point of the post exactly was that a lot of people thought it was being funny and OK rather than clever and inappropriate for a national cable news program during prime time.

AJ said...

By "dismiss" I meant that they looked at the whole tea party movement as juvenile and whiny. A failed movement by a party who is just upset they lost the election. That's what I meant.

Carson Calderwood said...

Sorry I missed that. I totally agree.